vrijdag 20 april 2012

Kim Kardashian Lawyers Enforce Removal Of billboard In Which Her Image Was Used To Promote Surgery Without Her permission

It clearly pays to be rich and have the best lawyers in Tinseltown.
Kim Kardashian's legal team are her knights in shining armour, having enforced the removal of her image on a billboard in Mexico.
The advert was used without her permission by a plastic surgeon, hoping to entice customers to visit him for cosmetic surgery for a body like Kim.
Her image was accompanied with the slogan 'No arriesgue su belleza, ni su salud', which translates as 'Don't risk your beauty or your health' - in a desperate bid to encourage people to visit a professional surgeon.
Victorious: Kim Kardashian's lawyers have successfully enforced the removal of a billboard in Mexico using her image for a plastic surgery advert
Victorious: Kim Kardashian's lawyers have successfully enforced the removal of a billboard in Mexico using her image for a plastic surgery advert
Last week, the reality star apparently threatened to sue.
The 32-year-old was said to have asked her lawyers to request the removal of the billboard for Dr. Victor Ramirez in Mexicali.
In the snapshot used, Kim was seen reclining on a sunbed in a bikini which showed off her infamous curves.

 

When Dr Ramirez was contacted by TMZ and asked if he had sought Kim's permission before using the picture, he replied: 'Obviously I did not speak to Kim Kardashian. I do not have her number.'
After the website told Dr Ramirez that you cannot use somebody's image on an advert without their permission, he apparently said he would get the police involved.
Drawing attention: The billboard featuring Kim's image from Dr. Victor Ramirez
Drawing attention: The billboard featuring Kim's image from Dr. Victor Ramirez
Kim has always strongly denied ever having had plastic surgery, and even underwent an X-ray of her bottom on a previous episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians to prove she had not had implants.
Talking previously about the speculation, Kim said: 'Rumours don't bother me anymore. I've read that I've had my lips done. I've always had big lips. Look at my baby pictures. It's ridiculous.
'Or they'll show one picture of me today and one tomorrow, and say I've had my nose done in between. When? Didn't you just see me yesterday?
'And how many times have I "had my butt done"? People's logic is so weird. I don't know why they bother!'
MailOnline has contacted Kim's spokesperson for comment.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten